Want to join us at Red Setter? We've got an amazing opportunity for not just one, but three new Account Executives.
Who are we?
Red Setter is the PR agency for the world’s design pioneers. We amplify the voice and value of design to help the world’s most ambitious agencies achieve the recognition they deserve, building their brand and staying relevant in an ever-changing world.
Since 2009, we’ve built an expert team of 20 journalists, media specialists and PR strategists who share an unrivalled understanding of the design industry and the media.
It’s insider knowledge that sets us apart, so we can set our clients apart. Whether it’s a design showcase in Creative Review, an opinion piece in US business title Fast Company, or a speaking gig at a luxury packaging conference in LA, we have the knowledge, skills and contacts to put our clients on the world’s biggest stages.
We know that the right people are the secret to our success, and we’re looking for a superstar to come and join our team.
As an Account Executive, you’ll be part of a small team with a global impact – joining a Senior Account Director, Account Manager and Editorial Consultant – and you’ll soon be taking the lead on delivering high profile media coverage and reporting it to your clients.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Finding, creating and shaping media stories from your clients’ work and thinking
- Keeping on top of the news to spot relevant opportunities for your clients to join the cultural conversation in the media
- Pitching stories to journalists, and liaising with them to line up interviews and deliver written copy and visual assets
- Writing copy on behalf of clients for publication in the media
- Posting to clients’ LinkedIn feeds
- Sharing coverage and updates with clients
- Working closely with a small, experienced team to deliver outstanding results at speed
We’ll give you best in class training on how to do all of this, and you’ll be working alongside an Account Manager who’s been doing this for years, is a genuine expert in it, and will show you everything they know.
What we’re looking for
First and foremost, we want people that are passionate about design. This isn’t just a job for us, it’s a mindset and we want people that are excited and inspired by our clients’ work.
You don’t need to have done any of this before – we’ll train and coach you on all of it – but, we are looking for someone with experience of office life ideally in a similar field, and we’re looking for specific qualities:
*Juggling multiple projects means the ability to work quickly and efficiently is key. We want plate spinners, able to discuss new ideas in new sectors with new people every day.
*Storytelling sits at the heart of everything we do, so we need people with strong writing and idea development skills.
*We want people who sit forward, bring ideas, and then have the can-do mindset to make those ideas happen.
What we offer
We want Red Setter to be the best place to work, and we work hard to realise that ambition. Here’s some of the ways we’re doing that:
- We’re very picky about our clients, saying no to far more than we say yes to, and this means we work with genuinely brilliant and inspiring clients
- We love working with each other, and spending time socially together: regular socials and away days – recently a storytelling workshop, visit to the Design Museum, volunteering at a local women’s refuge – as well as annual overseas trips (Berlin, Madrid, Porto, Palma, so far)
- Every Monday morning, we share highlights from the previous week and take time to celebrate each other’s achievements
- We offer a good holiday allowance of 25 days a year, everyone has private health insurance and a personal wellness budget, and the office kitchen is always well stocked!
- Clearly defined roles & responsibilities ensure everyone understands what they need to do; ongoing training ensures we’re all continually learning and developing
- We believe in giving back, through regular donations and volunteering, and are on the path towards B Corp accreditation
As your expertise develops, you’ll become your clients’ go-to media expert. You’ll be the person they look to for advice on the outlets they should be appearing in, the person who knows what the journalists want, and the person who consistently lands them top tier media coverage. There is significant scope for career progression in this role, and we’ll be keen to you to develop your skills in client management and team leadership.
Hours: Full time (9am-5pm) Monday to Friday
Location: 3 days a week in office (London or Brighton), 2 days a week can be remote or office
Salary: From £25k, dependent on experience
Application for this position is by CV and covering letter to email@example.com