We're hiring! Account Manager
Account Manager, Red Setter
Brighton, United Kingdom
About Red Setter
Red Setter is the PR agency for the world’s design pioneers. We amplify the voice and value of design to help the world’s most ambitious agencies achieve the recognition they deserve, attracting business and talent, building their brand and staying relevant in an ever-changing world.
Since 2012, we’ve built an expert team of 20 journalists, media specialists and PR strategists who share an unrivalled understanding of the design industry and the media. It’s insider knowledge that sets us apart, so we can set our clients apart.
Whether it’s an opinion piece in US business title Fast Company, a profile in a national newspaper or a podcast interview with Chris Do, we’re dedicated to searching for – and shouting about – the stories that showcase our clients and their expertise.
Officially certified as a Great Place to Work, we’ve created a culture where every team member has a voice and a clear role to play in the success of the company – as we know that the right people are the secret of our success.
As an Account Manager, you’ll be part of a small team with a global impact – joining a Senior Account Director, Senior Account Executive, Junior Account Executive and Editorial Consultant – which means direct contact and face time with international clients.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- leading on day-to-day client liaison
- being first point of contact
- responsible for campaign reporting
- leading fortnightly status calls
- delivering updates and reports
- overseeing delivery of media activity and results
- coaching and task mgmt of those more junior to you to achieve delivery and results
But we’ll expect you to have a far wider involvement than that:
- generating ideas for media pitching
- sparking and growing relationships with key journalists
- being the person clients can rely on to make things happen
- writing media content
- finding ways to improve the way we work as an agency
- spotting news stories your clients could comment on
- brainstorming ideas for other teams’ clients
- sharing your expertise with more junior members of the agency
- leading your team when your Senior Account Director is away
- and so on…
We’re a small, highly collaborative team, and while everyone knows the specific part they need to play, we all support each other in whatever needs doing.
What we’re looking for
You will be a brilliant SAE looking for a step up, or already an AM ready for a fresh challenge. You will be able to point to a successful track record in these areas:
- delivering high quality media coverage
- day-to-day client liaison and management
- involvement in the development of PR strategies
- playing a key role in a PR team
- creating and executing campaign ideas
We’re open to applications from all sectors but are particularly interested to hear from those with experience in our sector of design specifically or creative agencies more broadly.
More broadly, these are the qualities we look for in everyone at Red Setter:
- Passionate about the transformative power of design: Day-in-day-out we are working to persuade people that design is more than mere aesthetics; it has the power to change the world for good; if that’s not something you understand and care about then this probably isn’t the role for you
- Outstanding communicator: This is all about communicating ideas, so you’ll need to be a people person; you’ll enjoy making and building those long-term connections with clients, journalist and colleagues
- Composed: You’ll need to stay calm under pressure, working towards solutions rather than dwelling on problems
- Quick, curious mind: We need someone who can understand our clients and the briefs they give us, someone who’s always asking questions, who always wants to discover more
- Literate: We are an editorially-led PR agency, so we need you to be able to write well
- Reliable: We don’t micro-manage here; we trust people to deliver, so you have to be someone we can rely on every time
- Keen to improve: At all levels of our organisation we are all working to improve our skills and knowledge so we can do a better job for our clients; we give each other frank, immediate feedback all the time
- Self-starting: We want someone who will take the initiative, who’ll get things sorted out, who spots and seizes opportunities
- Collaborative: People at Red Setter use the expertise and talent around them; they enjoy working with their colleagues to find ideas and solutions
- Potential: We want someone who has the potential to grow beyond this role and to develop their career with Red Setter
What we offer
Red Setter is an exciting place to work. Our clients are some of the most brilliant, successful and ambitious design agencies in the world and they come to us for advice and assistance in growing their agencies to the next level. For the right person, being part of a team of experienced, committed, and talented experts who are making that happen is a real buzz.
It’s not easy. We’re demanding, and we expect high levels of performance, but we think we also give a lot in return.
This is a full-time (9am-5pm) Monday – Friday role. Salary dependent on experience.
We love our bright, modern office in the heart of (sometimes) sunny Brighton, and while our whole team works flexibly, agreeing the right mix of in-office and remote working for them, the role of Account Manager is one that’s in the office more than not.
From this starting point there is scope for progression and development. You will receive in-depth training and coaching from your Senior Account Director, and will steadily grow your skills, confidence and ability to deliver for our clients. We aim for everyone at Red Setter to always feel confident in what they’re doing whilst also feeling challenged to push themselves forwards.
Everyone has a monthly personal wellness and wellbeing budget which they can spend on the HEKA platform. We have a company pension scheme, a 25-day a year holiday allowance, and the day off on your birthday.
We have frequent social events – from after-work drinks on the beach to an annual overseas trip – Berlin in 2018, Madrid in October 2019, Porto in 2022 – and there’s a fun, happy and friendly vibe in the office.
Covering letters and CVs – tell us why you want to work at Red Setter to Cher Keane – email@example.com