Account Manager, Red Setter
Brighton, United Kingdom
About Red Setter
Red Setter is the PR agency for the world’s brand design pioneers. We amplify the voice and value of design to help the world’s most ambitious agencies achieve the recognition they deserve, attracting business and talent, building their brand and staying relevant in an ever-changing world.
Since 2012, we’ve built an expert team of 23 journalists, media specialists and PR strategists who share an unrivalled understanding of the design industry and the media. It’s insider knowledge that sets us apart, so we can set our clients apart.
Our clients are the design pioneers behind some of the world’s best loved brands. The agencies crafting strategies, identities, campaigns, activations, immersive experiences and more for the brands you know well – think Barbie, Porsche, LEGO, Disney, Pepsi, Nike and Monzo – and some you might not expect, like the United Nations, Royal Albert Hall and Sesame Street.
Whether it’s an opinion piece in US business title Fast Company, a profile in a national newspaper or a podcast interview with Chris Do, we’re dedicated to searching for – and shouting about – the stories that showcase our clients and their expertise.
As an Account Manager, you’ll be part of a small team with a global impact – joining a Senior Account Director, Account Executive and Editorial Consultant – which means direct contact and face time with international clients.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- - overall project management of around six ongoing PR retainers – ensuring what needs to happen, happens in a timely, efficient, effective way
- - taking the lead on day-to-day client comms, ensuring everyone knows what’s happening, their role and is excited to see the results land
- - collaborating with your team and clients to develop outstanding media pitches
- - writing media facing content
- - coaching an Account Executive to develop their media and client facing skills
- - spotting campaign problems and opportunities and working with your team to develop solutions
- - ensuring that all activity is aligned with strategy, and delivers genuine impact for your clients
But we’ll expect you to have a far wider involvement than that:
- - sparking and growing relationships with key journalists
- - being the person clients can rely on to make things happen
- - finding ways to improve the way we work as an agency
- - spotting news stories your clients could comment on
- - sharing your expertise with more junior members of the agency
- - leading your team when your Senior Account Director is away
and so on…
What we’re looking for
You will be a hyper organised, curious, and collaborative AM ready for a fresh challenge, and will be able to point to a successful track record in these areas:
- - delivering high quality media coverage
- - day-to-day client liaison and management
- - managing and developing an account executive (or similar)
- - managing ongoing projects to ensure delivery on time, on budget and to a high standard
- - creating and executing campaign ideas
We’re open to applications from all sectors but are particularly interested to hear from those with experience in design specifically or creative agencies more broadly. You’ll be an outstanding communicator, composed, literate, reliable, self-starting, and bursting with potential.
What we offer
We champion inclusion and diversity and have created a culture where every team member has a voice and a clear role to play in the success of the company – as we know that the right people are the secret of our success.
It’s not easy. We’re demanding, and we expect high levels of performance, but we think we also give a lot in return:
- - competitive salaries (£35-39k for this role)
- - 25 days holiday plus public holidays plus the day off on your birthday
- - private health insurance
- - wellbeing allowance of £360 a year to be spent on anything from yoga to meditation apps and massage
- - company pension scheme
- - annual overseas trip – Berlin, Madrid, Porto, Palma most recently
- - progressive women’s health policies
This is a full-time (9am-5pm) Monday – Friday role, and while our team works flexibly, the role of Account Manager is one that’s in the office at least three days a week.
You will receive in-depth training and coaching from your Senior Account Director, and will steadily grow your skills, confidence and ability to deliver in this role. From this starting point there is scope for significant progression and development.
Covering letters and CVs – tell us why you want to work at Red Setter to Sian Disson – email@example.com