We're hiring an SAE
Senior Account Executive
Red Setter is the team that design agencies from London to New York, Amsterdam, San Francisco, and Sydney turn to when they want to share their brilliant work and ideas, grow their reputations and shape their brands. Based in central Brighton, our team of 20 PR specialists are the world’s leading experts in this market – and we’re looking to grow our team.
We have an exciting, diverse, and solid client base, as well as a fun, talented and experienced team – and an unrivalled reputation in our market. We are expanding, offering an opportunity for someone to take their next step in their PR career, and contribute to the future of our agency.
You will be joining an established team with an Account Director, Account Manager and Editorial Consultant, working with an existing group of clients, and you will play a pivotal role in this team.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Leading on the delivery of media and social media activity and results
• Reporting activity and results to clients in person, via Zoom and by email
• Creation of client updates (e.g. cuttings, LinkedIn posts)
• Updating internal and external reports
• Maintenance of internal communication, written and verbal
• Maintaining day-to-day client liaison
• Researching information for editorial where needed
• Providing administrative support where needed
We’ll work closely with you to show you how to do all this at Red Setter, to immerse you in our clients, our media and our sector, but we will be keen for you to take ownership of the role as quickly as possible. We want you to be the person your team and you clients rely on for media knowledge and coverage.
What we’re looking for
You are a brilliant AE looking for a step up, or an SAE ready for a fresh challenge. You will be able to point to a successful track record in creating and delivering high quality media opportunities and coverage.
We’re open to applications from all sectors but are particularly interested to hear from those with experience in our sector of design specifically or creative agencies more broadly.
More broadly, these are the qualities we look for in everyone at Red Setter:
- Passionate about the transformative power of design: Day-in-day-out we are working to persuade people that design is more than mere aesthetics; it has the power to change the world for good; if that’s not something you understand and care about then this probably isn’t the role for you
- Outstanding communicator: This is all about communicating ideas, so you’ll need to be a people person; you’ll enjoy making and building those long-term connections with clients, journalist and colleagues
- Composed: You’ll need to stay calm under pressure, working towards solutions rather than dwelling on problems
- Quick, curious mind: We need someone who can understand our clients and the briefs they give us, someone who’s always asking questions, who always wants to discover more
- Literate: We are an editorially-led PR agency, so we need you to be able to write well
- Reliable: We don’t micro-manage here; we trust people to deliver, so you have to be someone we can rely on every time
- Keen to improve: At all levels of our organisation we are all working to improve our skills and knowledge so we can do a better job for our clients; we give each other frank, immediate feedback all the time
- Self-starting: We want someone who will take the initiative, who’ll get things sorted out, who spots and seizes opportunities
- Collaborative: People at Red Setter use the expertise and talent around them; they enjoy working with their colleagues to find ideas and solutions
- Potential: We want someone who has the potential to grow beyond this role and to develop their career with Red Setter
What we offer
Red Setter is an exciting place to work. Our clients are some of the most brilliant, successful and ambitious design agencies in the world and they come to us for advice and assistance in growing their agencies to the next level. For the right person, being part of a team of experienced, committed, and talented experts who are making that happen is a real buzz.
It’s not easy. We’re demanding, and we expect high levels of performance, but we think we also give a lot in return.
This is a full-time (9am-5pm) Monday-Friday role.
We love our bright, modern office in the heart of (sometimes) sunny Brighton, and while our whole team works flexibly, agreeing the right mix of in-office and remote working for them, the role of Senior Account Executive is one that’s in the office more than not.
The annual salary begins at £27-30k dependent on experience.
From this starting point there is scope for progression and development. You will receive in-depth training and coaching from your team, and will steadily grow your skills, confidence and ability to deliver for our clients.
We aim for everyone at Red Setter to always feel confident in what they’re doing whilst also feeling challenged to push themselves forwards.
Everyone has a monthly personal wellness and wellbeing budget which they can spend on the HEKA platform. We have a company pension scheme, a 25-day a year holiday allowance, and the day off on your birthday.
We have frequent social events – from after-work drinks on the beach to an annual overseas trip – Berlin in 2018, Madrid in October 2019, then…2020….2021…..well, we’re planning a big one for 2022! – and there’s a fun, happy and friendly vibe in the office.
Covering letters and CVs – tell us why you want to be part of the Red Setter team to Alex Blyth – firstname.lastname@example.org